Seed Savers for Schools
SEED - Schools environmental Education Development
Turning school gardens into living classrooms
This is collaboration with five other organic centres to establish school gardens as living classrooms, and demonstrating the unlimited cross curricular potential school gardens have particularly tying in with SESE, SPHE, Art, Languages, History and Maths.
Other centres included in this programme are Sonairte centre , The Organic Centre, The Nano Nagle centre, The Wexford Organic Centre, Kerry Earth Education Project, Blackrock College, The Merino Institute . ISSA and KEEP are Specialists on 'The Heritage in Schools' Scheme list.
- Site Assessment
- Garden plan design
- Creating the garden
- Compost workshops
- Train the trainer’s courses
- The heritage in schools programme
- Practical gardening sessions with children e.g. sowing planting native hedgerows, ponds, wildlife gardening
The Heritage in Schools Scheme
The Heritage in Schools scheme offers a panel of heritage specialists who will, at the request of a teacher, visit a primary school to work directly with the children. Specialists are listed in the Heritage in Schools Directory, which is updated annually and sent to all primary schools in the country. A booking form is included in the directory. The visit is part-funded by the school and the remaining fee plus expenses are funded by the
SEED (Schools Environmental Education Development)
- Full day - Subsidised through the Heritage in schools scheme
- Half Day - Subsidised through the Heritage in schools scheme
- Note: Some centres are not on 'The Heritage in schools Scheme'
Heritage in schools programme subsidised through The Heritage council and the INTO. Payment to be made to the INTO.
- Full days €100
- Half days €60