Irish Seed Savers Association maintains the country’s only public seed bank, with over 600 non-commercially available varieties of seed. We also house the national collection of Irish heritage apple trees in our orchards, with over 180+ unique varieties. Throughout the year we run a wide range of workshops, host school tours, and invite the public to participate in our events days. We encourage communities to come together to share seeds and plants, all with the aim of promoting Ireland’s biodiversity.
Irish Seed Savers are seeking an individual with proven knowledge in financial management or accountancy to join their voluntary Board of Directors.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- To have a deep insight into all financial policies and controls and propose any recommendations for change
- To have oversight of compliance and risk management in the organisation.
- Have an overview of the finances to advise the Board on financial implications of proposals, cash flow problems etc.
- To be an authorised signatory of the charity
Essential Skills/Experience required for this role:
- The candidate must be a qualified Accountant, ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified, ideally with at least 5 years senior management experience
- Compliance and risk management experience
- A deep appreciation and knowledge of the not-for-profit sector
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
- Experience serving on not-for-profit, public or private sector Boards of Directors or Board sub-committees
- Experience at an appropriately senior level which directs and contributes to organisational and strategic development
There will be a minimum of six Board meetings a year. Meetings are held online currently but are likely to return to in person meetings At Irish Seed Savers in Capparoe Co Clare.
Please send expressions of interest to email@example.com