Mushroom Foraging – Saturday Sept 23rd – 10am – 4:30pm
Trainees will take a closer look at the fascinating and colourful world of forest fungi. Discover their true value in the forest web of life and learn how to find, identify and safely collect nutritious gourmet forest mushrooms from Ireland’s natural woodlands. The day will also include cooking and tasting of the mushrooms. Participants will carpool to local woods to forage for mushrooms and will need appropriate clothing/footwear and a small wicker basket for collecting mushrooms.
Bookings & Information
Our courses always get positive feedback from participants and you will benefit from on hand expert tutors with years of experience in their field. It’s a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and spend some time in our gardens, orchards and woodlands in beautiful East Clare.
You can book courses online or you can telephone us on 061 921866 or 921856.
- Workshop prices: from €80
- 10% discount for supporters.
- Workshops suitable for adults only. Children under 18 years are not permitted to attend.
- There is a 100% refund for cancellations made at least 2 Weeks prior to the course date. No refund after that time.
- Café serving lunch and refreshments
The Night Orchard Pop Up Café will open onsite at Irish Seed Savers on each course day serving hearty lunches, soups, homemade cakes and tea / coffee. The café is vegetarian and uses organic, locally sourced, in-season ingredients to produce healthy and nutritious food.